Monday, September 5, 2011

Wait A Minute, God!

“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine…”
Ephesians 3:20a

I got the exact opposite of what I prayed for. I was so certain I was praying exactly as God led me to. I prayed fervently and with absolute certainty God would answer. He did—but not in the way I thought. I was disappointed, confused, kind of angry and very sad.
          My response was, “Wait a minute, God, what are you doing here? Didn’t you hear what I just prayed? Are you not listening?”
Slowly it began to dawn on me, I had been here before. I didn’t like it then either, but I had learned something. If I am praying something that is in line with the word of God and for Him to receive the glory, I am praying correctly. So what if things seem to take a turn in the opposite direction?
God has His own unique way of doing things and doesn’t always take the most direct, or the simplest route to get there. His ways are beyond my understanding. His thoughts are so much higher than mine as to be indecipherable to me. So it stands to reason I would sometimes be baffled by His methods.
Does that mean He isn’t working? Absolutely not!
I recently experienced a situation where I felt as if I was watching events unfold on a movie screen, a story with plots, subplots, character development and precise, down-to-the-second timing with an outcome no one involved could have predicted. God is always in control.
He is sovereign. Everything which takes place is in His time, in His way, for His purpose and to His glory.
Who am I to say things aren’t working as they should? It may not be my way, but even that is to my benefit as I have been known to make royal messes of things.
What are you praying for? How great and unwavering is your belief that God can and will accomplish in spite of all obstacles?
Look at your circumstances, whatever they may be, and tell God you recognize His control. Believe in His ability to accomplish His best purposes. Determine to accept that He is capable of working in even the most impossible looking situation and do more than you ever asked or imagined.


Copyright by Norma Gail Thurston Holtman & http://2MefromHim.blogspot.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not use without express written permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment